Metro Boston can enjoy a new, fun, and more eco-friendly way to get around town. Bluebikes’ ebike has a power-assisted kick for electric urban adventures, leisurely rides, and commutes. They’ll be a rare sight in the wild at first, but look around for more ebikes at stations in the coming weeks. Bluebikes members will enjoy the best ebike rates per minute.
Here’s what you can get excited about
- Pedal-assist technology. No matter if you’re an experienced or new rider, our pedal-assist motor means riders of all levels can effortlessly tackle hills and challenging climbs.
- Enhanced battery capacity. Ride carefree and go further distances, thanks to our upgraded battery capacity.
- Smooth and comfortable rides. Spend less time fiddling with gears and more time enjoying the ride with our smooth single gear transmission.
Designed with safety in mind
- LED lights. Each bike has a bright blue neon LED light on the front and lights on both the front and back to light your path and keep you visible to other riders and drivers on the road.
- Bright reflective paint. Every ebike is coated in custom reflective paint to enhance your visibility during night rides.
- More seat heights. We've added more seat height options with an easier seat adjuster, so you can find your perfect fit.
- Confident know-how. No need to stress about figuring out how to use the bike. Our built-in LCD screen is there to guide you every step of the way.
Rules of the Road
Whether you’re an experienced rider or just starting out, it’s important to prioritize safety for a seamless and enjoyable ride. Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Check your speed. Adjust your riding speed to match the situation. Take extra care and caution around others, especially when approaching busy intersections, riding in narrow bike lanes, or riding close to parked cars. Remember, there’s a speed limit on all ebikes.
- Stick to lanes. Unlike regular pedal bikes, ebikes aren’t permitted on sidewalks. Be sure to plan your route so you stick to designated bike lanes or roads.
- Share the path. While ebikes are generally welcome on multi-use paths, it’s important to share the path responsibly and be mindful of pedestrians and slower riders. Give them plenty of space and always pay attention to what's happening around you.
We can't wait for you to experience these amazing ebikes. Stay tuned for more updates and get ready to explore your city in an exciting new way.