Updating the Bluebikes app:
1. Open the Bluebikes app.
2. Look for a banner below on the map screen.
3. Tap the banner.
4. This action will direct you to the app store relevant to your device's operating system (e.g., Apple App Store for iOS devices, Google PlayStore for Android devices).
5. You will be taken to the Bluebikes app page on the app store. Look for the "Update" button and tap on it.
6. If prompted, enter your App Store or Google Play Store password, or use biometric authentication (e.g., Face ID or Touch ID for iOS, fingerprint recognition for Android) to confirm the update.
7. The Bluebikes app will begin to download and install the latest version.
Ensuring users are migrated:
8. To begin the login process, start by entering your phone number. If you already have a Lyft account, simply log in; you may need to confirm your email.
9. If a user does not have a Lyft platform account (but does have an old Bluebikes account), they will go through the first few steps of onboarding and answer the following questions:
- What is your name?
- What is your email?
- Do you accept our terms?
Riders can expect the following features in the new app:
Seamless Unlocking: Unlocking your bike becomes incredibly easy with scannable QR codes.You can still use a bike key if preferred.
Easy Membership Management: Now, you can renew your membership directly from the app,making it more convenient than ever.
Improved Feedback: You can now rate and report your experience with bikes, rides, and stations,helping us enhance our service even further.
Improved Group Rides: Be on the lookout for enhanced group ride features next year, making riding together even more enjoyable.
New In-App Transit Options
The new Bluebikes app will show you up-to-date MBTA bus and subway information, making it easy to plan your route no matter what transportation mode you’re using.
Convenience at Your Fingertips
The new Bluebikes app and website make it even easier to find available bikes and stations, as well as updated membership options. You can now unlock a bike and get riding with just one tap using our newly enabled QR codes.
Should you encounter any issues during your ride, in-app customer support will get you back on track. Our dedicated team of customer support agents are on standby to make sure your transportation experience is safe and smooth.
Earn and Share Rewards
Members can find new ways to earn points through our annual membership. The new Bluebikes app will expand our Bike Angels Rewards Program, which allows members to earn points and rewards for redistributing bikes to stations running low across the city. The update will make it easier to earn points, see how many you have, and offer improved rewards like Bluebikes ride credits with more updates to come.
To learn more about Bike Angels, including how to join and start earning, click here.
We hope this update brings more convenience, access, and rewards to the growing bike share movement. This is just the beginning of what we have planned this year – stay tuned!